Jill Cookingham, Founder & Artistic Director
I was a “gypsy” in the professional dance world, dancing in concert performances, theatrical revues and touring with Broadway shows. I lived in New York City, the dance capitol of the world, and studied with the world’s best teachers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Education from Rutgers University.
- Dance Clinician for the Junior Olympic National Team at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in 2008.
Patricia Dingle-Killpack, Master Teacher-Advanced Classes
- Soloist, Company Member and Choreography Assistant with the internationally acclaimed Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- Extensive teaching experience from master classes in children’s programs to setting Ailey works in college dance programs.
Michelle Puskas, Instructor
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BFA in Dance from Rutgers University, Mason Gross School of the Arts.
- Recipient of the Garden State Arts Foundation Thomas H. Kean Scholarship
Kristen Darthard, Instructor, Choreographer
- Dance, Acro, Gymnastics and Tumbling Instructor at TFDC.
- Competitive Gymnastics Coach and Judge.
- Acro Instructor for Stacie Webster’s famous “Jazz Boot Camp”.
- Professional Choreographer for Dance, Acro and Gymnastics.
Theresa Orth, Instructor, Choreographer
- Theresa is in her fourth year of college at the College of New Jersey. She is studying for her Bachelor & Masters’ Degrees simultaneously.
Theresa has extensive teaching experience, especially with ages 3-7.
Alexis Slade, Instructor, Acting
Alexis is a professional actor, director and teaching artist. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Acting from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University and studied classical theater at Shakespeare’s Globe in London, UK.
Stan Dunn, Vocal Instructor and Vocal Coach
Training singers of all ages to find their own authentic voices and cultivate their performing skills.
Mr. Dunn’s vocal technique, based on operatic bel canto and musical theater style, has brought success to many of his students who have gone on to perform in venues from school musicals and community theater to Carnegie Hall and Broadway.
Ashley Palmer, Tap and Musical Theater Inst6ructor
Ashley put on tap shoes when she was 4 years old and never looked back! She originally hails from Western Massachusetts where she trained at Hackworth’s School of Performing Arts and received her BS from Springfield College.
Lindsay Estelle Dunn, Dance Instructor
“I am so thrilled to be working for Jill at Take Flight Dance Center. Her studio is the perfect fit for me. I’m happy that I get to extend my knowledge of not only dance technique, but performance style and quality with the dancers here.
Lisa Bezak, Yoga Instructor
Lisa has a lifelong passion for dance, earning two college degrees in dance- An AFA in performance and a BA in a concentration in studio operations. She has performed and choreographed shows all over the tri-state area.